WHAT KIND OF INFORMATION DO YOU NEED TO PROVIDE TO US?
The collection of personal information may vary, depending on whether you are a rider or a driver. It may include your:
- Phone number
- Banking details
- Driver licence details
- Driving history
- Any other personal information required to provide services to you.
It is a subset of personal information which also includes personal information which may have serious consequences for the individual concerned about inept use. Generally, we do not collect sensitive information about our customers. However, if the situations demand, we may collect sensitive information, such as:
- Criminal history
- Driving history
- Health information such as drug and alcohol testing results.
We collect sensitive information only with individual consent to which the information relates unless permitted under the Privacy Act.
HOW DO WE HOLD THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
We hold the personal information physically at our premises and electronically on our secure servers. We ensure the security by limiting the access to the premises outside of business hours and use password protection for the servers.
HOW DO WE MANAGE THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
We keep your personal information confidentially. We take reasonable steps to maintain the security of your information and to protect it from unauthorized disclosures. While we take these steps to maintain the security of your information, you should be aware of the many information security risks that exist today and take appropriate care to help safeguard your information
HOW DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Usually we collect personal information when you create your account, it may happen on another occasion if required to do so.
WHICH OTHER INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect your information when you use the service, Pickmeup and Pickmeup business App such as;
- IP address, location details, date and time of App usage, handset operating system, for example; if it is iOS or Android
- Transaction details such as; type of the service used, date and time of service used, amount charged.
- Ride details such as; route, pick up and drop off date and time, travel time, distance
- Contact details may be collected for communication between a rider and a driver, Pickmeup and driver or Pickmeup and rider.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We collect and use your information to:
- Consider your request for a service
- Conduct and improve our business
- Improve the customer experience
- To tell you about other services that we think may be of interest to you
- Manage our relationship with you
- To consider any concerns or complaints you raise against us/driver and/or to manage any legal action between you and us/driver
- To comply with any relevant laws, regulations, or code of practice
- Provide to the related authority as proof/evidence if there any kind of dispute/issues
DO WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may share your information to:
- The drivers/riders to facilitate the service you request.
- The third party service providers who render and handle any services on our behalf;
- The Government authorities, Nigerian Law enforcement officials or other third parties if required as per circumstances.
- The responsible authority if your actions are inappropriate with our agreements, Terms, and Conditions, or policies, or to protect the property, rights or safety of Pickmeup and/or others.
DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION FOR OTHER THAN THE PRIMARY SERVICES?
We may use your information for service improvement, service related offers, update your personal information, send notifications, communicate with you about any kind of issues that may arise, such as, for example; unauthorized use of your account and/or App, and/or any payment issues.
DO WE COMMUNICATE FOR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES?
We may send you promotional or non-promotional communications to your mobile, Pickmeup app, email or postal address.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY MISUSE OFF APP?
The account holder of the rider app is responsible for their own account. If there is anyone other than the rider account holder accidentally or mistakenly make a ride request and failed to cancel before 5 minutes, a cancellation fee is applicable. (Please see our Refund policy and Cancellation policy on the Terms and Conditions.
HOW DO YOU MAKE COMPLAINTS?
If you want to complain about an interference with your privacy, the complaints should be made to us at [email protected] for resolution.
CHANGES TO THE POLICY
We may update, amend or remove this policy at any time by posting an updated version of this policy on our website. We will inform you by a notice, an email, and a text message or through the service if the changes affect your personal information or the statement. Your consent may be needed for your continued use of Pickmeup services.
This policy is effective from 01 November 2018. If you have any comments on the policy, please contact us at [email protected].